Utah Criminal Defense


call/txt (801) 373-6345 contact jake

google-reviews facebook-reviews Avvo-Reviews Lawyers-Reviews



Using Non Judicial Adjustments for juvenile misconduct is the way to go if offered by a Utah Juvenile court.

There are several ways the government deals with juvenile misconduct.  First, they try to do non judicial adjustment.  Second they can charge the juvenile in Juvenile Court.  Third, they can try the juvenile as an adult because the alleged crime is so heinous and serious.

Here are some of the requirements for using Non Judicial Adjustments for Utah juveniles accused of committing crimes.

  1. Using non judicial adjustment cannot be predicated on requiring the juvenile to admit guilt.
  2. Using non judicial adjustment cannot be predicated on the juvenile’s ability to pay the fines.
  3. The Utah Juvenile Court probation department shall offer non judicial adjustment unless

(A) has no more than two prior adjudications; and
(B) has no more than three prior unsuccessful non judicial adjustment attempts.

  1. The victim still has their rights to restitution.  See this article on restitution for a full description of rights.
  2. The non judicial adjustment agreement signed by the minor cannot extend past 90 days unless by leave of the Juvenile Judge
Juvenile Drug Defense Attorney

Juvenile non judicial adjustments

Failure to Comply with Non Judicial Adjustments.

If you fail to comply with the terms of the Utah Non Judicial Adjustment, the county juvenile prosecutor can petition the Juvenile Court for a formal petition for delinquency and the entire proceedings start again.
Utah Juvenile Defense Attorney Jake Gunter offers free consultation regarding your juvenile delinquencies charges. Call (801) 373-6345.
Criminal Defense Lawyer

Is the lawyer you are about to call have 20 plus jury trials? Experience matters in criminal defense. Contact Jake today!

call or text

(801) 373-6345

Contact Jake